Friday, January 25, 2013

No longer a stay at home mom!

I haven't wrote a post in a while. I've been all over the place the last few weeks. I submitted my resume to a school with the idea that I wouldn't hear anything back for a while. I guess a while is less than twelve hours. The school called to set up an interview the next morning. Day after that I received a call offering me the position! 40 hours of training and workshops this week and two days next week then I am off on my own.

It is so nice to be working in a school again. Can't beat working 7-3... even though it's almost an hour drive each way. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Working at a residential school for children will be an exhausting learning experience. I am looking forward to all of the great things I will be learning from my students. ( Already learned a few signs to add to my collection sign language box. If you need to tell someone "I like bread" I'm the lady to ask! I learned how to sign "like" today. So I can officially sign a complete sentence that isn't a command     :-)  Now I want to take classes to learn more)

The downside to working during the day while Joe is working at night is that we NEVER see each other. I really haven't had a conversation with him since Wednesday and I only see Olivia for a few hours before she is fast asleep for the night. As much as I miss my family I know it will be better for all of us in the long run.

How do you moms deal with going back to work?

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete