Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!


My name is Amanda and I live in cold New Hampshire with my fiance Joe and our beautiful daughter Olivia. I never thought that I would end up being a stay at home mom so join me as I learn to be a domesticated mom... Hopefully I can learn to cook well enough so my daughter doesnt grow up thinking chicken nuggets  ( which are in the oven as we speak) are a food group.

I never thought that I would be a stay at home mom. With a college degree and my workaholic mindset I always said as soon as I became a mom I would head right back to work." Daycare....Yes, Please! Sign the baby up!" I had a job lined up and it fell through at the last minute so I was bummed that I had to end up staying home. Don't get me wrong... I love kids.. My degree is in Education but, I'm just not the domesticated type. The cooking, cleaning  and homemaking that comes along with being a SAHM just isnt me. Here I am three months later doing the mom thing while my finance heads to work every night. I am honestly trying to adapt to the cooking and cleaning thing but it is TOUGH!

Thankfully we have worked out a plan. Phew! He takes care of cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom and I do laundry, dusting, vaccuming and the cooking.  And we split baby things really well. I am so lucky blessed to have a man who is willing and LOVES to do the baby thing... feeding, diapers, reading to her.. I dont even have to ask..he is all over it. It is  truely amazing watching the bond between Daddy and Daughter grow.

My beautiful daughter Olivia is three months old now and this SAHM thing is slowly starting to grow on me. So join me on this wonderful journey... I would love to hear  feedback and advice from other SAHM's.

No comments:

Post a Comment